Expecting God in the unexpected


I was in Wales the other week with some friends at a Christian homeschool week away and on one of the nights, a group of us climbed a big hill in the dark. Standing at the top of the hill in the freezing cold, we just stood gazing in awe at one of the most beautiful and breathtaking scenes I’ve ever seen. The black sky was dotted with thousands of beautiful stars which were all clustered together in the centre and got more spaced out as they spread from the centre, as if someone had thrown a handful of glitter into the sky. Then across this beautiful scene came not one, but two shooting stars!! In that moment I felt God’s presence so close and real and beautiful and we just stood in awe and sang worship songs together into the night, gazing up at this awesome display of God’s power and beauty. That whole week was absolutely amazing, being surrounded by Christians and just having time away from the busyness of life and God really spoke to me about a lot of things and really made His presence known to me. I felt a closeness with God that week that I’d never experienced before and that I hadn’t expected.
 When we think about being in God’s presence and encountering His Holy Spirit, we often, and I know I do, think that we can only meet God at Church, or at Christian events, conferences and meetings. But God has been showing me recently that my thinking hasn’t been true. That His presence goes with me wherever I go and that I can meet with Him and hear from Him wherever I am.
 God isn’t confined to the four walls of Church. His presence is wherever we go, because His presence dwells in us. Wherever you are, He is there. God’s presence is with you in the mundane, the ordinary, up hills in the freezing cold when you’re not necessarily doing “spiritual stuff”. He can speak to you through other people, through nature, music, the Bible and many other ways. We have a creative God who doesn’t meet any 2 people the same way, so I encourage you to expect God's presence in the unexpected and expect to meet with God and hear Him speaking to you wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

Psalm 139:7 – “Where can I go from Your spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence?”

Thank you for reading and please leave a comment below on what you thought of today’s post. I would love to hear your feedback and also receive any questions you may have! Please do click to follow my blog, and subscribe to receive email updates for new blog posts! Love in Christ,
Chloe xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty: More than what you wear

Don't wait for courage

Be Still