Freedom // My #Oneword 2019

For the last 4 years now, instead of a new year's resolution, I have just picked one word for the whole year.
It's incredible to see how every year, that one word shapes the whole rest of the year and what God wants to teach me throughout it.

Last year's one word was 'Submit' and it was definitely a year of submitting my plans, desires, emotions, hopes, dreams, thoughts, mind and relationships to God and letting Him take complete control of my life .
As a complete control freak, it wasn't easy at all, but it's been incredible to see the change God has done in my life over this last year.

For 2019, my new word is 'Freedom'. I used to think that freedom would 'just come', but I've since realised that freedom is actually a choice.
Jesus won our freedom on the cross, but it's up to us to choose whether we want to live in that freedom or not.

I feel that there has been a lot of fear holding me back this last year, which has stopped me from stepping out and growing in my faith and experiencing the joy and peace that I have access to in all it's fullness. But I don't want to live in fear any longer, so 2019 is going to be the year that I experience the full extent of the freedom Christ has won for me.

So here's to a new year of freedom, growth and new and exciting adventures with God!

Happy New Year!

Love

Chloe xxx

Isaiah 43:19 - " Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

Ps. (If you want to find out more about this 'One word' thing, do get in contact! I love it and highly recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to a new year's resolution!)

....and for inspiration, my last 3 'One words' have been:
* Patience
* Trust
* Submit

Also, comment down below your 'One word' (or new years resolutions) and why you chose it, if you choose to do it too - I'd love to hear them :)

Thank you for reading and please leave a comment below on what you thought of today’s post. I would love to hear your feedback and also receive any questions you may have!
Please do click to follow my blog, and subscribe to receive email updates for new blog posts!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modesty: More than what you wear

Don't wait for courage

Be Still